There are several ways you can increase the Reiki power while giving a Reiki treatment. When working over problem areas you may want an extra boost in order to shift blocks or to speed healing. Here are three suggestions you can try:-
- Visualisation – while giving Reiki to the area, actually visualise the area healing or the energy block being dissolved and released. You may also like to incorporate colour into your visualisation, for example orange for physical energy and to clear congestion/catarrh, green to release tension and balance emotions, blue to calm and relax (ideal for high blood pressure) and red to warm cold areas such as hands and feet. A rich sapphire blue is good for helping to reduce pain.
- Joshin Kokyuu-Ho – this breathing technique creates a strong connection to the Reiki power and is used to intensify the flow of energy. It is taught in the Reiki Level 1 course but here is a reminder: Inhale slowly through the nose and at the same time imagine you are breathing in Reiki energy through the crown chakra. (You may be aware of a slight pressure on the top of your head.) Draw in the breath and the Reiki energy down into your belly to the energy centre 2 or 3 finger widths beneath the naval. Hold the breath here in the belly (Tanden) for a few seconds. As you are doing this, imagine energy from the Tanden spreading throughout your entire body and energising the whole body. Exhale through the mouth. Imagine the breath and Reiki energy flowing out of the mouth and also from the fingertips, tips of toes and from the chakras in the palms and feet.
Use Joshin Kokyuu-Ho to channel pure white light into a person’s energy field. I have used this method to clear the mental/emotional auric bodies of worry and negativity and raise the person’s vibration. Hold your hands around the head area while performing Joshin Kokyuu-Ho and visualise white light filling the person’s entire mental and emotional bodies, not just around the head. This is ideal for clients who worry a lot, have anxiety and/or depression.
- Attunement breathing technique – Reiki Master Teachers can practice the breathing technique taught for attuning someone to Reiki. Hold in the Hui Yin point and place your tongue behind your top teeth to prevent energy flowing out your central channel. You will then have more energy to project out your hands.
Boosting Your Own Energy Levels
There are also ways to boost your own energy levels generally so that you have more energy at all times, not just during treatments. If you are generally more energised you will be less likely to feel tired or depleted if giving several treatments in one day. Suggested methods are as follows:-
- Regular meditation practice, whichever method you prefer.
- Practising Chi Kung or Tai Chi to increase your personal energy.
- Regularly practising the Reiki Three Diamonds energy enhancing technique to build, strengthen and maintain Earth Ki, Heaven Ki and Heart Ki.
- A healthy nutritious diet including plenty of fruit, salad and vegetables.
Reiki Three Diamonds Workshop
I am intending to run a Reiki Three Diamonds workshop in the Spring of 2017 at 15 Wheeler Gate Nottingham.
Helen Shortland is a Reiki Master Healer/Teacher, Meditation Teacher and Holistic Therapist based at 15 Wheeler Gate in Nottingham city centre. Helen offers several healing treatments such as Reiki, Angelic Reiki, Faery Reiki, Angel Therapy and Fairy Blessing Guided Journey, as well as Usui Reiki and Faery Reiki training courses. She has been on the spiritual path for 15 years and has extensive knowledge of healing and the healing journey. For further information about her Reiki courses, therapies and workshops, please visit her website http://helenshortland.com or visit and ‘like’ her Facebook page Helen Shortland Holistics & Enchantment.